Our preschool rooms are licensed for ten children with one teacher. The age in Preschool I ranges from two years and nine months to four years old. Pre-K ages, range from four years old to five years old.
Children are engaged in daily activities, story time, arts and crafts, free play, clean up and outside time.
We encourage children to learn, to grow, to be safe with themselves and with others. At this level, pre-writing and pre-reading are introduced to children in a simple and easy way. Phonic sounds are presented to children with flash cards and group games. Materials are placed at children’s level in order for them to select the next activity with very minimal help. We want children to build confidence and self-esteem.
- We point out and reward positive behaviors and good choices.
- Children should feel good and proud about themselves.
- Children have the opportunity to learn something new and exciting every day.
- We set simple rules and review them each day during circle time.
- Our teachers create curriculums on a weekly basis. Children are involved in the creation of the curriculum.
- We guide the children on how to express their feelings using words and how to respect the feelings of others.
- We create a safe, loving and exciting environment where everyone has the same opportunity to learn, grown and be safe.
PRESCHOOL ROOM THINGS TO BRING
- 2 SETS OF EXTRA CLOTHES LABELED IN A ZIP LOCK BAG
- CRIB SHEET AND BLANKET
- LUNCH ( 0r $3 for lunch)
- 2 SIPPY CUPS ( ONE WITH WATER OR JUICE & ONE WITH MILK)
- DIAPERS AND WIPES IF NOT POTTY TRAINED
- TOOTH BRUSH
- UP TO DATE PHYSICAL & IMMUNIZATION FORM